The Triad's Leader In Sports Performance
The CA TEAM:
Training Staff & Training Facilities & Equipment
Founder/Director Carmine Pagano
Carmine Pagano is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and member of the National Strength
and Conditioning Association. In 1999, Carmine became a Certified Frappier Acceleration Administrator and
began the program now known as Carolina Acceleration. Carmine is a graduate of Elon University with a
Bachelors of Science degree in exercise and sports science.
Prior to Carolina Acceleration, Carmine worked full-time as a industrial-work specialist at HEALTHSOUTH sports medicine and rehabilitation center in Burlington. He also began the Human
Performance Center at Gold's Gym in Burlington. Following the consolidation of these businesses, Carmine formed Carolina Acceleration and partnered with Alan Ashkinazy to bring the program to the Greensboro Batting Center in February of 2005.
Carmine's expertise and experience includes:
- Consultant for many NCAA, High School, Middle School, AAU and UAAASA baseball programs, Spring Training
- Assistant with the San Diego Padres major league club in 2001 and 2002,
- Strength and conditioning coach for the 2002 13u AAU National Champions, 2003 15u AAU National Champions and 2004 12u Cooperstown National Champions
- Director of off-ice conditioning for all figure skaters at the Triangle Sportsplex in Durham, NC
- Trainer of the 2004 ACC Long Jump Champion,
- Consultant for many area High School Football programs
- Director of speed, agility and conditioning for Southeast Guilford HS Football program
Carmine's playing experience includes:
- Catcher/OF Hillsborough Community College, Tampa Fla. 1990 -1992
- Catcher Elon University, Elon, NC 1992 - 1994
- Three year started Catcher/OF Middletown North High School, Middletown, NJ (1989 NJ State Champions)
- All-shore, All-region and honorable mention all-state
- Three-year starter Defensive back and Fullback Middletown North High School,
- Middletown,NJ (1987 NJ State Champions)
- All-shore and All - region player
Sports Performance Specialist Brian Foster
Brian joins Carolina Acceleration following a five-year career in professional baseball as a catcher in
the Milwaukee Brewers and Kansas City Royals organizations. Brian trained each off-season with Carolina
Acceleration since its founding in 1999 and now is a full-time Specialist. Brian has been working as a
Specialist since 2003.
Brian is local to the Triad, graduating from Western Alamance High School. He signed a letter of intent
to play at Elon University but did not attend after being selected in the 42nd round of the Major League
Baseball Amateur Draft by the Brewers. Brian played as high as AA-ball with the Brewers and High-A ball with
the Royals before retiring to pursue his career with Carolina Acceleration.
Sports Performance Specialist Corey Teeters
Cory joins Carolina Acceleration following his internship with the company in 2004. Cory is also local to
the Triad, graduating from Eastern Guilford High School and currently finishing his collegiate studies
at Greensboro College. Cory will be earning a degree in Exercise Sports Studies with a concentration
Exercise Science this May.
Cory played baseball in both high school and college where he pitched for the Pride.
TRAINING FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT
Carolina Acceleration at the Greensboro Batting Center
- 2,800 sq/ft baseball/softball pitching instructional area
- 5,200 sq/ft nylon astroturf skills development area
- 1,400 sq/ft area for strength and conditioning programs
- Two Super Treadmills
- Pitching Mounds, Batting Cages & More Through The G.B.C.
Greensboro Batting Center Details
- Began in 1987
- 28,000 sq/ft
- iron mike master pitching machines
- 4 - baseball machines (slow, medium, medium-fast, and fast)
- 2 - softball machines (1 fast pitch and 1 slow pitch)
- 2 - live instructional cages
- 4 - soft toss stations
Carolina Acceleration Equipment
More Information Coming Soon....Details can be found by clicking here.
What others say:
" CA will make you a better athlete. Carmine and C.A. have made me a much better football player/athlete!
It could do the same for you. "
Travis Donda - Southeast High - RB/DB Football